by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 16th 2009 12:38pm
Perhaps it's no surprise that, following the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, people are freaking out and blaming technology, as if that will prevent another terrorist attack. First, there were the calls to ban Google maps and now a large number of police are sweeping through all of Mumbai to find open WiFi networks and get the owners to shut the networks down. Of course, there are plenty of perfectly legitimate reasons for offering an open WiFi network, but it seems that no one is even considering that. Because such networks were used in the past by terrorists and possibly could be again, they all must go.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Key Hepatitis C Patent Rejected In India, Clearing Way For Generic Treatment Costing A Thousand Times Less Than US Price
- Outnumbered And Outgunned, Marriott Sort Of Backs Off Stupid Plan To Ban Guest Device Wi-Fi
- Net Neutrality Under Threat In India
- Judge Not Too Concerned That 68-Year-Old Woman's House Was Raided Because Someone Used Her Open WiFi To Post A Threat
- When We Call Criminal Acts 'Terrorism' We Destroy Our Rights And Sacrifice Our Principles