by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 16th 2009 12:38pm
Perhaps it's no surprise that, following the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, people are freaking out and blaming technology, as if that will prevent another terrorist attack. First, there were the calls to ban Google maps and now a large number of police are sweeping through all of Mumbai to find open WiFi networks and get the owners to shut the networks down. Of course, there are plenty of perfectly legitimate reasons for offering an open WiFi network, but it seems that no one is even considering that. Because such networks were used in the past by terrorists and possibly could be again, they all must go.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NY Post Craps On NYC's Plan To Offer Free Wi-Fi -- Because The Homeless Might Watch Porn
- Both Trump And Clinton Suggest Expanding Mass Surveillance, Bogus Watch Lists After Attack In Orlando
- India Seeks To Renegotiate 47 Investment Treaties Because Of Their Corporate Sovereignty Clauses
- India Moving Forward With Dangerous Approach On Expanding Patents
- India's Proposed 'Geospatial Information Regulation Bill' Would Shut Down Most Map-Based Services There