Mon, Jan 19th 2009 3:01pm
The debate about the cancer-causing effects of cell phones has been rumbling on for years and years, with contradicting studies coming out every so often. The real answer to the question of whether phones give people cancer, at this point, seems to be "nobody really knows yet", so any news one way or the other should be taken with a grain of salt (or two). In any case, the latest study to emerge says mobile phones don't cause eye cancer. Of course, this research contradicts the conclusion of an earlier, smaller study conducted by the same German researchers. So even though they're calling phones safe -- for your eyes, anyway -- the contradiction seems par for the course.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: No More Urban Legends Of Waking Up In A Bathtub Without Your Kidneys...
- DailyDirt: What Are We Going To Do With All This Genetic Information?
- Portland Police Bravely Defend Public From Homeless Woman Looking To Charge Her Cell Phone
- Gemalto: Ok, Yes, We Were Hacked, And Yes Some SIM Cards May Be Compromised, But Not Because Of Us
- DailyDirt: Three Blind Mice... Cured Someday?