by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 9th 2009 5:29pm
We noted that the Chinese government had called out a bunch of search engines for allowing access to porn recently, and I find it amusing to see that pretty much all of the search engines called out have issued apologies. What I'm wondering is exactly what are they apologizing for? The fact that other people put pornography online? The fact that they're too good as search engines and are able to find that content?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Japanese Court Orders Google To Remove Customer Reviews From Its Maps Service -- Globally
- Cable's Top Lobbyist Just Can't Understand Why People Like Google Better
- MPAA Strategized On How To 'Tell The Positive Side' Of Internet Censorship
- Wall Street Journal Suggests Snowden Gave China Its 'Great Cannon' Software... Based On Pure Random Speculation
- Another Reason To Deploy Encryption Widely: Spiking China's 'Great Cannon' Attack