by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 9th 2009 5:29pm
We noted that the Chinese government had called out a bunch of search engines for allowing access to porn recently, and I find it amusing to see that pretty much all of the search engines called out have issued apologies. What I'm wondering is exactly what are they apologizing for? The fact that other people put pornography online? The fact that they're too good as search engines and are able to find that content?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NRA Trademark Complaint Over Yes Men Parody Takes Down 38,000 Websites
- This Will Backfire: Google/Facebook Using Copyright Tools To Remove 'Extremist' Content
- Rather Than Launch A Massive DDoS Attack, This Time China Just Asks GitHub To Take Down Page It Doesn't Like
- Google's Arbitrary Morality Police Threaten Us Yet Again; Media Sites Probably Shouldn't Use Google Ads
- Twitter, Facebook & Google Sued For 'Material Support For Terrorism' Over Paris Attacks