by Mike Masnick
Wed, Dec 31st 2008 3:19pm
It's no secret that Microsoft's "iPod killer" Zune device has been a pretty big disappointment in terms of sales -- but who knew that the most attention the Zune would get in ages would be for having all of the 30 GB models fail at once. Obviously, there's some sort of software bug that caught Microsoft by surprise (apparently Zune's were never taught to understand leap years), causing a ton of Zunes to freeze up at the same time. At least, Microsoft can take a little comfort in knowing that there really are some people out there who use their Zunes.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Copyright Blocking Security Research: Researchers Barred From Exploring Leaked Archive
- DailyDirt: Open Source Software In 2016
- Microsoft Sued Over Buy From FM Zune Feature, Despite It Functioning Differently Than The Patent
- Zune Music Rental Service, Now With Stuff You Get To Keep, Too
- Microsoft Agrees To Put A Copyright Cop On The Zune