by Mike Masnick
Fri, Dec 12th 2008 6:33pm
Apparently, some people have to learn the hard way that not all online information is credible. The Smoking Gun has the rather amusing details of a trio of women in Ohio who tried to follow some downloaded instructions on "how to commit armed robbery in six easy steps." The suggestions were tongue-in-cheek, but it appears the would be armed robbers followed them as if they were serious. Luckily the manager of the Dollar Tree store they tried to hold up (Dollar Tree? Seriously? Don't you usually try to rob some place that has expensive stuff?) appears to have read the "how to foil moron armed robbers in one easy step" and told them that she could not open the safe. The "six easy step" plan apparently did not have instructions for such a scenario, and the robbers left, only to be apprehended by police (complete with the 6-easy-steps printouts) soon after. You can see the entire "six easy steps" at the link above, in case you're planning to fail at an armed robbery any time soon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Holy Crap: Wells Fargo Has To Fire 5,300 Employees For Scam Billing
- AT&T Fined For Turning A Blind Eye As Drug Dealers Ripped Off Its Customers
- Dumb Criminal Agrees To Take SnapChat Selfie With Robbery Victim, Is Caught Quickly
- DailyDirt: ATMs Are Ripe For Picking...
- Craigslist Ransacking Was To Cover Up Burglary