by Mike Masnick
Fri, Dec 12th 2008 3:15pm
Apparently an Iranian matchmaking site, that pretty clearly seemed set up for the purpose of linking up potential husbands and wives, rather than traditional "dating," has been banned in the country for promoting prostitution. The details aren't clear, but it certainly sounds like they viewed any kind of internet matchmaking, even for the purposes of marriage, as somehow "promoting prostitution."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Arrested Backpage Execs Ask Kamala Harris To Drop Bogus Case She Herself Has Admitted She Has No Authority To Bring
- Details Of Charges Against Backpage Execs For 'Pimping' Look Totally Bogus
- 8 Years Later: Saeed Malekpour Is Still In An Iranian Prison Simply For Writing Open Source Software
- Literal Fashion Police Arrest Hundreds Of WhatsApp And Instagram Users In Iran
- State Dept. Press Briefing Video Had Tough Fox News Questioning Excised, Streisand Effect Takes Over