by Mike Masnick
Fri, Dec 12th 2008 3:15pm
Apparently an Iranian matchmaking site, that pretty clearly seemed set up for the purpose of linking up potential husbands and wives, rather than traditional "dating," has been banned in the country for promoting prostitution. The details aren't clear, but it certainly sounds like they viewed any kind of internet matchmaking, even for the purposes of marriage, as somehow "promoting prostitution."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- State Dept. Press Briefing Video Had Tough Fox News Questioning Excised, Streisand Effect Takes Over
- Sevens Marry Sevens: Is Online Dating Making Mixed-Attractiveness Couples More Rare?
- Leveraging Shame And The Presumption Of Guilt To Destroy Lives And Punish Consenting Adults
- Iran Joins The Using Video Game Footage To Pump Up Your Own Military's Reputation Arms Race
- Once Again It's The US That Seems To Be The Most Aggressive With Cyberattacks