by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 9th 2008 2:48pm
The main thing that kicked off all the negative attention over EA's use of SecuROM DRM in Spore was the avalanche of negative reviews on Amazon. It seems consumers are beginning to recognize that such a rush of negative reviews is an effective way to protest and garner attention. The latest product getting the same treatment appears to be TurboTax from Intuit, where people are protesting a big price increase from last year. Any bets on whether or not a "glitch" will cause Amazon to delete the reviews, as has happened with previous waves of negative comments?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Authors Guild Cements Reputation As Luddites: Hates The Internet And Especially Amazon
- 9th Circuit: Amazon's Search Results Too Useful, Must Be Trademark Infringement
- USPTO Demands EFF Censor Its Comments On Patentable Subject Matter
- Cabs Strike In Chicago Against Uber; Uber Drivers Presumably Report Uptick In Business
- TSA Kangaroo Court Rubber Stamps TSA Fining Guy Who Stripped Naked, Completely Dismissing Court Ruling Finding It Legal