by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 12th 2008 11:11pm
We've written about similar stories plenty of times in the past, but Adam writes in to let us know about a new article highlighting companies who sue those who leave negative reviews of their business online. The businesses complain that the negative reviews can have a serious impact on business -- which no one doubts. But, assuming that the review is truthful or just an opinion, there's really not much that can be done about it. Most companies would be better served responding to the criticism, rather than busting out the lawyers. Even if they feel the criticism is unjustified, it makes more sense to address the points, rather than pulling out the blunt threat of a lawsuit.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Digital Homicide Sues Steam Reviewers, Steam Drops It Like It's Hot
- Steam Looks To Suppress Game Reviews From Anyone Who Didn't Buy The Game From Them
- Appeals Court Tosses Search Warrant Used By Louisiana Sheriff In Attempt To Silence Critical Blogger
- Bogus Defamation Lawsuit With Fake Defendant Results In Negative Reviews Of Dentist Being Taken Down
- Enigma Software Countersued For Waging A 'Smear Campaign' Against Site It Claimed Defamed It