by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Blizzard Pretends IP Made It Kill Fan Server
- Priceline Throws A Fit And Sues USPTO For Not Granting Them Booking.com Trademark
- Washington Redskins Appeal To SCOTUS On Trademark And Seek To Tie Their Case To That Of The Slants
- Court Dismisses Trademark Suit Brought By Racetracks Against Gaming Company Referencing Historical Races
- Ex-Game Maker Atari To Argue To The US PTO That Only It Can Make 'Haunted House' Games