by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Judge Does Mental Gymnastics To Deem Left Nut Brewing Trademark To Be Non-Offensive
- Barefoot Wine Contests Trademark Of Barefoot Kombucha: Tea Or Wine, Who Can Tell?
- A Weave Is Not A Toy: Toys R Us Opposes Hair Extension Company Trademark
- That Didn't Take Long: MLB Plans Action Against Fallout 4 David Ortiz Mod
- Texas A&M Concerned That Indianapolis Colts' Use Of 12th Man Might Confuse Football Fans