by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Dear US Olympic Committee: Tweeting About The Olympics Is Never Trademark Infringement
- Running Out Of Puns: Get Ready For The Damn To Burst On Craft Beer Trademark Disputes
- Miami Brewing Co. Sends Cease And Desist To M.I.A. Beer Co. Over Trademark Concerns
- Australian Company Files Bogus Defamation/Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Over A Nine-Year-Old Blog Post
- USOC Demands That Company Take Down Twitter Posts Of Olympic Athlete It Sponsors