by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Harris Faulkner Suit Against Hasbro Over A Toy Hamster Ends In Settlement, Hasbro To Discontinue The Toy
- Sanity: MasterCard Loses Absolutely Idiotic Trademark Challenge Against An Athletic Competition
- Following Coverage Of Trademark Dispute, Lawyer Demands Image On News Story Be Taken Down As Infringing
- Taco John's Continues To Wage A Long-Lost Trademark War To Keep 'Taco Tuesday' From Becoming Generic
- Chicago Cubs: With Success Comes Trademark Lawsuit Against Street Vendors