by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Lionsgate Sues TD Ameritrade For Seven Figures Over Lame Reference To A Dirty Dancing Line
- Chanel Goes After 2 Person Chocolate Company Over The Number Five
- 70's Band 'Player' Sues Keith Urban For His 'Player Guitar Kit' For Trademark Violation
- EU Court Lawyer Advises Against Granting Trademark For Kit Kat Shape
- Chicago Preacher Tries To Stop Spike Lee From Using 'Chiraq' As Title Of Upcoming Film