by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Under Armour Files Trademark Suit Against Ass Armor
- Marshawn Lynch, Anti-Authority Hero, Loves To Trademark His Phrases
- Red Bull Disputes Old Ox Brewery Trademarked Logo/Name Because, Seriously, An Ox Is Just A Castrated Bull
- DailyDirt: Sriracha In Everything
- MLB Claims That Finance Company's 'W' Logo Violates 2 MLB Teams' Trademarks