by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Trademark Examiner Not Swayed By Katy Perry's Attempt To Trademark The Left Shark
- Jeb Bush Compliments Obama For Continuing And Expanding His Brother's War On Terror
- Copyrights & Patents Have Become A Religion; All Data Will Be Ignored
- Del Taco Says Its 'Secret Menu' From Bought-Out Brand Protects Its Mark From Abandonment; Judge Disagrees
- University Of Kentucky Disputes 40-0 Trademark Owned By Someone Else While 2 Wins Away From Achieving That Record