by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Tiffany & Co., Defenders Of Intellectual Property, Sued For Copyright Infringement
- Another Free Speech Win In Libel Lawsuit Disguised As A Trademark Complaint
- Chinese Trademarks And The Emoluments Clause: Do They Intersect In The Trump Presidency?
- Trump Tops Obama, Hands Over Full Torture Report To Court Previous Administration Refused To
- Get Ready For 'Leak Investigations' In The Trump White House