by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeals Court Muddies Trademark Nominative Fair Use Doctrine
- Brewery Changes Name For Second Time In Two Years Because Trademark
- Earnhardt Family Fighting Over Whether One Earnhardt Son Can Use His Own Last Name
- Facebook Wins Trademark Case In China Over Chinese Beverage Company
- The Saratoga Conundrum: Is It Water, Or Is It Juice