by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Company Sues Disney Over Its Use Of The Same Public Domain Book Title
- Bushy's Brewery, Isle Of Man Govt. Have Trademark Hissy Fit Over Two Letters: TT
- Trademark Dispute Between Coffee Companies Over 'Detroit' Trademark Demonstrates The USPTO's Carelessness
- Chicago Field Museum Decides To Embrace Cross-Promotion Instead Of Trademark Protectionism With Brewery
- Butterball Sues Australian Wine Company Over Its 'Butterball' Chardonnay