by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sherlock Holmes And The Case Of The Never Ending Copyright Dispute
- Appeals Court Rightly Overturns NAACP's Successful Attempt To Censor Speech Via Trademark Law
- President Obama Rolls Back Some Police Militarization... Police Flip Out
- Water Company Goes Trademark Bully on Graffiti Activists Over Hashtag
- Retired Music Promoter Claims Trademark Infringement On Trademark He Admits To Abandoning