by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- More IP Attorneys Predict More Craft Beer Trademark Disputes As The Industry Continues To Grow
- British Columbia Winery Has Trademark Opposed By Pre-Packaged Foods Company For Some Reason
- Trademark Bullying Works: Mooselick Brewing Co. Becomes Granite Roots Brewing Out Of Fear Of Moosehead Breweries
- Court Tosses Company's Bid To Slap Down Olympics Social Media Restrictions Over Jurisdictional Issues
- Q&A With Wine Country IP Attorneys Shows Just How Problematic Trademark Is Becoming