by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Navajo Nation's Trademark Suit Against Urban Outfitters Proceeds; But Should It?
- NFL Edging Towards Claiming A Trademark On 'The Big Game' Again
- Moosehead Vs. Mus Knuckle: The Most Canadian Trademark Spat Ever
- Key And Peele To Livestream 'Sports Commentary' During An 'Upcoming Sports Game' That They Can't Name
- Sad Raiders Fan Tries To Keep Team In Oakland By Squatting On Trademark