by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Super Slimey: Comodo Tries To Trademark 'Let's Encrypt' [Updated]
- Dweezil Zappa Renames His Tour Again: Dweezil Zappa Plays Whatever The F@%k He Wants; The Cease & Desist Tour
- Good News: California Legislature Dumps Stupid Plan To Copyright All Government Works
- Texas Trademark Spat Full Of Crap?
- Cinemark Files Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Against Roblox Over User-Generated Content