by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 20th 2008 10:36pm
With the election of Barack Obama last week, some observers have noted the not-surprising rush by folks over the past few months to try to file for trademarks built off of Obama's name, including Barack Star, Obama -- O Baby! and (my favorite) Pet Barack (a play on the old "pet rock"). Of course, the USPTO has shot all of these down as not actually being approved by the President-Elect, while noting that any products using such trademarks would likely confuse people into believing they were approved by him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sanity: Trademark Suit Rules That Florida Pizza Joints Don't Compete With The NJ Turnpike
- Blu Cigarettes Sues Blu Ale House Over Blu Logo
- Let's Do Business: How Lifting The Embargo Has Opened The Door For Cuban Trademark Suits
- IOC Forces School To Remove Rings From Crest For Some Reason
- BART, The Train Service, Goes After Brewery Over BART, The Beer