by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 24th 2008 10:17am
We Americans sure do love filing lawsuits for just about any reason. The latest is a guy who has sued AOL for putting text ads in his email messages, claiming that because he pays for his AOL account (that might be his first mistake), these ads are "fraud, unjust enrichment" and a violation of California business codes. He's trying to turn it into a class action lawsuit as well. Here's another suggestion: switch your email account. Hopefully this gets thrown out quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Patent Trolls Strike Back: Trolling Rebounds After Brief Supreme Court-Enabled Dip
- Photographer Sues Big Red, Its Employees And That One Guy Who Retweeted Something For Copyright Infringement
- MPAA Targets New Anti-Piracy Ads... At People Who Already Paid To Go See Movies
- Verizon Buys AOL, Because Two Lumbering Dinosaurs Who Can't Figure Out The Modern Internet Must Be Better Together
- Court Says By Agreeing To AOL's Terms Of Service, You've 'Consented' To Search By Law Enforcement