by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 24th 2008 10:17am
We Americans sure do love filing lawsuits for just about any reason. The latest is a guy who has sued AOL for putting text ads in his email messages, claiming that because he pays for his AOL account (that might be his first mistake), these ads are "fraud, unjust enrichment" and a violation of California business codes. He's trying to turn it into a class action lawsuit as well. Here's another suggestion: switch your email account. Hopefully this gets thrown out quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Software Copyright Litigation After Oracle v. Google
- Turkey Is Building Domestic Replacements For Gmail and Google
- Electronic Arts Unveils New Policy For Marking YouTube Videos As 'Supported' Or 'Advertisement'
- Verizon Buys Yahoo In $4.8 Billion Attempt To Bore The Internet To Death
- AOL CEO Promises 'The Market' Will Keep Verizon, AOL Honest About Sleazy New Stealth Cookies