by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 24th 2008 10:17am
We Americans sure do love filing lawsuits for just about any reason. The latest is a guy who has sued AOL for putting text ads in his email messages, claiming that because he pays for his AOL account (that might be his first mistake), these ads are "fraud, unjust enrichment" and a violation of California business codes. He's trying to turn it into a class action lawsuit as well. Here's another suggestion: switch your email account. Hopefully this gets thrown out quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Cable's Latest Great Idea: Speed Up Programs So They Can Stuff More Ads Into Every Hour
- Politician Facing Investigation Tries To Destroy His Emails; Assistant 'Helps Out' By Emailing Order To Other Staffers
- The World's Email Encryption Software Relies On One Guy, Who Is Going Broke
- Court Says By Agreeing To AOL's Terms Of Service, You've 'Consented' To Search By Law Enforcement
- Huffington Post And The View From Bogustan: Standing Behind Blatantly False Claims Isn't Journalism