by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 24th 2008 10:17am
We Americans sure do love filing lawsuits for just about any reason. The latest is a guy who has sued AOL for putting text ads in his email messages, claiming that because he pays for his AOL account (that might be his first mistake), these ads are "fraud, unjust enrichment" and a violation of California business codes. He's trying to turn it into a class action lawsuit as well. Here's another suggestion: switch your email account. Hopefully this gets thrown out quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- House Votes Unanimously In Favor Of Requiring A Warrant To Search Emails
- Microsoft Sues Government Over Its ECPA-Enabled Gag Orders
- Author Sues Half The Internet For Defamation, Copyright Infringement, Cyberbullying, Use Of Section 230
- AOL CEO Promises 'The Market' Will Keep Verizon, AOL Honest About Sleazy New Stealth Cookies
- Verizon's Sneaky Zombie Cookies Now Being Used Across The Entire AOL Ad Empire