by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 24th 2008 11:40am
There are all sorts of annoyances associated with mobile phones, but apparently the biggest one remains the fact that people talking on mobile phones seem so prone to do so loudly, greatly disturbing those around them. A recent study found that loud mobile phone talkers were considered a bigger nuisance than things like answering a phone at the dinner table or having a really annoying ringtone. The company that put on the survey notes that people should remember to move away from noisy areas when on the phone, and should try to find a quieter place to talk. I also wonder if better speakers, to hear who you're talking to more clearly, combined with adding or improving sidetone (the ability to hear yourself through the phone's speaker) on mobile phones would go a long way towards decreasing mobile phone yelling.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- California Legislator Says Encryption 'Threatens Our Freedoms' Calls For Ban On Encrypted Cell Phones
- Legislator Thinks Warrantless Cell Phone Searches The Best Way To Combat Distracted Driving
- Comparing Cell Phones To Houses Not Exactly Deterring Use Of Generalized Warrants, Court Finds
- Former UK Bureaucrat Whines About People Happily Looking At Mobile Phones Rather Than Fearfully Spying On Everyone Else
- Judge Not Impressed With Government's Warrantless 921-Page 'Peek' Into A Suspect's Cellphone