by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 24th 2008 11:40am
There are all sorts of annoyances associated with mobile phones, but apparently the biggest one remains the fact that people talking on mobile phones seem so prone to do so loudly, greatly disturbing those around them. A recent study found that loud mobile phone talkers were considered a bigger nuisance than things like answering a phone at the dinner table or having a really annoying ringtone. The company that put on the survey notes that people should remember to move away from noisy areas when on the phone, and should try to find a quieter place to talk. I also wonder if better speakers, to hear who you're talking to more clearly, combined with adding or improving sidetone (the ability to hear yourself through the phone's speaker) on mobile phones would go a long way towards decreasing mobile phone yelling.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- South Korea's New Law Mandates Installation Of Government-Approved Spyware On Teens' Smartphones
- Verizon Wireless Tells 'Price Sensitive' Customers It Doesn't Want Them, Declares It Doesn't Need To Truly Compete
- Banks Now Eyeing Cell Phone Metadata To Determine Your Loan Risk
- Portland Police Bravely Defend Public From Homeless Woman Looking To Charge Her Cell Phone
- Gemalto: Ok, Yes, We Were Hacked, And Yes Some SIM Cards May Be Compromised, But Not Because Of Us