by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 24th 2008 11:40am
There are all sorts of annoyances associated with mobile phones, but apparently the biggest one remains the fact that people talking on mobile phones seem so prone to do so loudly, greatly disturbing those around them. A recent study found that loud mobile phone talkers were considered a bigger nuisance than things like answering a phone at the dinner table or having a really annoying ringtone. The company that put on the survey notes that people should remember to move away from noisy areas when on the phone, and should try to find a quieter place to talk. I also wonder if better speakers, to hear who you're talking to more clearly, combined with adding or improving sidetone (the ability to hear yourself through the phone's speaker) on mobile phones would go a long way towards decreasing mobile phone yelling.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Gemalto: Ok, Yes, We Were Hacked, And Yes Some SIM Cards May Be Compromised, But Not Because Of Us
- New York City Backs Off School Cell Phone Ban, Though Some Officials Still See Cellular Tech As The Worst Sort Of Foul Devilry
- Wireless Carriers Admit Their Service Plans Still Far Too Confusing For Most Consumers To Actually Understand
- EA's Latest Attempt To Destroy SimCity Franchise: Micropayments For Hammers And Nails And Supplies
- Canadian Supreme Court Says No Warrants Needed To Search Arrestees' Cell Phones