by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 21st 2008 11:44am
It's been just over a month since the International Talk Like A Pirate Day, and yet, that's all I can think about when I hear Microsoft announce that today it's celebrating "antipiracy day", during which it will try to highlight everything the company is doing to combat unauthorized file sharing. Odd, then, that this would be the same company that in the past has admitted that it greatly benefits from piracy of its own products, in establishing worldwide standards and in competing against open source alternatives. The company, apparently, is a bit conflicted. In the meantime, anyone have tips on "talking like an antipirate?" I'm guessing it will include such strawman phrases as "it's just like stealing a physical product!," "all content creation would stop," and "content creators deserve to make money!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Copyright Blocking Security Research: Researchers Barred From Exploring Leaked Archive
- Hateful Eight Pirated Leak Harms Film All The Way To Box Office Records
- Once Again, Piracy Is Destroying The Movie Industry... To Ever More Records At The Box Office
- DailyDirt: Open Source Software In 2016
- Book Publisher Has No Idea How Google Works But Pretty Sure It Could End Piracy If It Tried