by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 13th 2008 4:52pm
People sure do love xkcd. I saw the latest comic last night, thinking it was amusing, but I've never been this deluged with submissions from people saying that we absolutely need to post it here. Either way, it does make the universal point about why you shouldn't buy anything that includes DRM. Since any change to the DRM (such as shutting down DRM servers) means you'll probably need to break the law to actually keep using the content you thought you "bought," at some point, people realize they're going to be considered a criminal either way and just vote to pirate stuff in the first place:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- United Airlines Requires You To Install Special Brand Of DRM To Watch Movies On Flights
- JPEG Looking To Add DRM To Images... Supposedly To Protect Images From Gov't Surveillance
- CD Projekt Red Does Everything Right With Witcher 3 DRM & DLC...And Breaks Sales Records
- DailyDirt: Computers Creating Content...
- Keurig CEO Sort Of (But Not Really) Apologizes For Company's Ridiculous Foray Into Obnoxious Coffee DRM