by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 13th 2008 4:52pm
People sure do love xkcd. I saw the latest comic last night, thinking it was amusing, but I've never been this deluged with submissions from people saying that we absolutely need to post it here. Either way, it does make the universal point about why you shouldn't buy anything that includes DRM. Since any change to the DRM (such as shutting down DRM servers) means you'll probably need to break the law to actually keep using the content you thought you "bought," at some point, people realize they're going to be considered a criminal either way and just vote to pirate stuff in the first place:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Xbox Fitness Users Shelled Out Big Bucks For Workout Programs They'll Soon Be Totally Unable To Use
- Oculus Reverses DRM Course After Public Backlash
- Oculus Is Hurting VR's Development By Supporting Walled Gardens, Closed Ecosystems
- Walking Dead Producer Claims Real Cable Set Top Box Competition Will Result In Piracy Armageddon
- Why Won't W3C Carve Security Research Out Of Its DRM-In-HTML 5 Proposal?