by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 3rd 2008 8:35am
theodp writes "Seems there really isn't anything you can't patent these days. It took seven-and-a-half years, but the USPTO awarded patent reformer Amazon.com a patent Tuesday for its invention of Creating an Incentive to Author Useful Item Reviews, aka Top Reviewers, a program that rewards those who have written as many as 17,308 free reviews with a free virtual 'badge'."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Subway, McDonald's And Burger King Sued Over GPS Tracking Patent... Or Something
- Amazon Quietly Bricked Jailbroken Kindle Devices Last Year
- Does Patent Licensing by Patent Trolls - Or Anyone - Serve A Useful Purpose?
- Amazon Still Won't Talk About Government Requests For User Data
- Jury Sympathetic To Life360's CEO Sending 'Dear Piece Of Shit' Letter To Patent Troll; Says Patents Not Infringed