by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 3rd 2008 8:35am
theodp writes "Seems there really isn't anything you can't patent these days. It took seven-and-a-half years, but the USPTO awarded patent reformer Amazon.com a patent Tuesday for its invention of Creating an Incentive to Author Useful Item Reviews, aka Top Reviewers, a program that rewards those who have written as many as 17,308 free reviews with a free virtual 'badge'."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FTC Gets $1.2 Billion From Drug Company Over 'Pay For Delay' Patent Scam
- China's New Antitrust Rules Aim To Blunt Foreign Patent Threat
- Supreme Court Sides With Patent Trolls
- A Gronking To Remember Is Immortalized In Lawsuit Against Apple/Amazon/Author
- Amazon Quietly Bricked Jailbroken Kindle Devices Last Year