by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 3rd 2008 8:35am
theodp writes "Seems there really isn't anything you can't patent these days. It took seven-and-a-half years, but the USPTO awarded patent reformer Amazon.com a patent Tuesday for its invention of Creating an Incentive to Author Useful Item Reviews, aka Top Reviewers, a program that rewards those who have written as many as 17,308 free reviews with a free virtual 'badge'."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China Files A Million Patents In A Year, As Government Plans To Increase Patentability Of Software
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Movies From The Cloud
- Sony Wants To Patent A System For Scoring Journalists' 'Veracity'
- IMDb Sues The State Of California Over New 'Ageism' Law
- ...And Here Come The Device-Restricted Music Subscriptions