by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 3rd 2008 8:35am
theodp writes "Seems there really isn't anything you can't patent these days. It took seven-and-a-half years, but the USPTO awarded patent reformer Amazon.com a patent Tuesday for its invention of Creating an Incentive to Author Useful Item Reviews, aka Top Reviewers, a program that rewards those who have written as many as 17,308 free reviews with a free virtual 'badge'."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- California Man Brings Class Action Lawsuit Against Apple For Not Preventing Drivers From Doing Stupid Stuff
- Software Copyright Litigation After Oracle v. Google
- Tanzanian Farmers Face 12 Years In Prison For Selling Seeds As They've Done For Generations
- Amazon Refuses To Comply With Police Request For Amazon Echo Recordings In Murder Case
- Amazon Looking To Expand Prime Into Live-Streamed Major Sports