by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 3rd 2008 8:35am
theodp writes "Seems there really isn't anything you can't patent these days. It took seven-and-a-half years, but the USPTO awarded patent reformer Amazon.com a patent Tuesday for its invention of Creating an Incentive to Author Useful Item Reviews, aka Top Reviewers, a program that rewards those who have written as many as 17,308 free reviews with a free virtual 'badge'."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Redaction Failure In FTC/Amazon Decision Inadvertently Allows Public To See Stuff It Should Have Been Able To See Anyway
- DailyDirt: Personal Mobility Devices
- Canadian Hospital Strikes Deal In Gene Patents Battle, But Leaves Patentability Question Unanswered
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Mega-Troll Intellectual Ventures Hits Florist With Do-It-On-A-Computer Scheduling Patent
- DailyDirt: Cheering For Mathletes