by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 19th 2008 6:11am
It's been a good week for video gamers and a bad week for stereotypes of video gamers, apparently. Earlier we wrote about a study talking about how video gamers were actually quite social, and now a new study suggests that online gamers are more physically fit than your average American (perhaps not saying much). No one seems to think that there's a causal relationship here, as it may just be that video gamers tend to be wealthier and more educated -- who also tend to be in better shape. There's also the issue that this appears to be based on self-reported stats, which may not be that accurate. Still, it appears that studies are starting to chip away at the stereotype of the overweight, social loner video gamer.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Big Bones Are A Myth, But Obesity Has Legit Causes
- DailyDirt: Eat This, Don't Eat That...
- DailyDirt: Keeping Your Memories
- DailyDirt: Three Blind Mice... Cured Someday?
- Key Hepatitis C Patent Rejected In India, Clearing Way For Generic Treatment Costing A Thousand Times Less Than US Price