by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 18th 2008 1:36pm
The EFF sure has been busy today. First it filed a lawsuit against the US Trade Representative for keeping info on the ACTA negotiations secret, and then it sued the NSA, President Bush and Vice President Cheney over the warrantless wiretapping issue. Must be a busy day at the EFF office. In both cases, it seems likely that the lawsuits may draw some additional attention to the issues, but it seems unlikely to have much of an impact on actual government policies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA Surveillance Compliance Reports Show Typos, Lack Of Communication Resulting In Erroneous Targeting And Collection
- United Arab Emirates Makes Using A VPN A Crime... To Protect The Local Telcos From VoIP Competition
- 'Wish I Had The Power' To Hack Enemies' Emails, Says Man Very Close To Having Such Power
- EFF Lawsuit Challenges DMCA's Digital Locks Provision As First Amendment Violation
- Court Dumps Hastily-Granted Restraining Order, Says MuckRock Can Publish Smart Meter Documents