by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 18th 2008 1:36pm
The EFF sure has been busy today. First it filed a lawsuit against the US Trade Representative for keeping info on the ACTA negotiations secret, and then it sued the NSA, President Bush and Vice President Cheney over the warrantless wiretapping issue. Must be a busy day at the EFF office. In both cases, it seems likely that the lawsuits may draw some additional attention to the issues, but it seems unlikely to have much of an impact on actual government policies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeals Court Strikes Down Ruling Finding NSA Phone Records Collection Unconstitutional
- New Malware Attack Tries To Trick People By Pretending To Be EFF
- Techdirt Reading List: Data And Goliath
- Court Dismisses Ripoff Report's Malicious Prosecution Lawsuit Against People Who Sued It Five Years Ago
- Court Says Government Has To Reveal If It Kept The Data From The DEA's Mass Surveillance Program