by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 18th 2008 1:36pm
The EFF sure has been busy today. First it filed a lawsuit against the US Trade Representative for keeping info on the ACTA negotiations secret, and then it sued the NSA, President Bush and Vice President Cheney over the warrantless wiretapping issue. Must be a busy day at the EFF office. In both cases, it seems likely that the lawsuits may draw some additional attention to the issues, but it seems unlikely to have much of an impact on actual government policies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- How Could NSA Contractor Harold Martin Have Been Taking Home Classified Info For 20 Years Without NSA Noticing?
- Documents Show Chicago PD Secretly Using Forfeiture Funds To Buy Surveillance Equipment
- Internet Privacy Week: Sign The Bill Of Rights & Raise Money For The EFF
- EFF's Challenge Of NSL Gag Orders Reaches The Ninth Circuit Court Of Appeals
- EFF Asks Court To Block The DOJ From Prosecuting Researcher For DMCA Violations