by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 18th 2008 1:36pm
The EFF sure has been busy today. First it filed a lawsuit against the US Trade Representative for keeping info on the ACTA negotiations secret, and then it sued the NSA, President Bush and Vice President Cheney over the warrantless wiretapping issue. Must be a busy day at the EFF office. In both cases, it seems likely that the lawsuits may draw some additional attention to the issues, but it seems unlikely to have much of an impact on actual government policies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Problem: Male Operators Use Surveillance Cameras For Ogling Women; Mayor's Solution: Employ Only Female Operators
- Wall Street Journal Scores Very Limited Win In Fight With DOJ Over Sealed Surveillance Documents
- FBI: Hurricane Katrina Made It Clear We Just Don't Have Enough Stingray Devices
- New Malware Attack Tries To Trick People By Pretending To Be EFF
- Court Says Government Has To Reveal If It Kept The Data From The DEA's Mass Surveillance Program