by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 18th 2008 1:36pm
The EFF sure has been busy today. First it filed a lawsuit against the US Trade Representative for keeping info on the ACTA negotiations secret, and then it sued the NSA, President Bush and Vice President Cheney over the warrantless wiretapping issue. Must be a busy day at the EFF office. In both cases, it seems likely that the lawsuits may draw some additional attention to the issues, but it seems unlikely to have much of an impact on actual government policies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Let's Encrypt Releases Transparency Report -- All Zeroes Across The Board
- Amnesty International Told That GCHQ Spied On Its Communications
- No Craig Newmark Did Not Donate To EFF; He Helped Make CFAA Worse Instead
- NSA -- Despite Claiming It Doesn't Engage In Economic Espionage -- Engaged In Economic Espionage
- Lawyer Asman Drops Lawsuit Against EFF, But Claims That 'Ass man' Comments Are Defamatory