by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 18th 2008 1:36pm
The EFF sure has been busy today. First it filed a lawsuit against the US Trade Representative for keeping info on the ACTA negotiations secret, and then it sued the NSA, President Bush and Vice President Cheney over the warrantless wiretapping issue. Must be a busy day at the EFF office. In both cases, it seems likely that the lawsuits may draw some additional attention to the issues, but it seems unlikely to have much of an impact on actual government policies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Intelligence Director James Clapper Warmly Welcomes The Internet Of Things To The NSA's Haystacks
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 60: Barry Eisler On Truth, Fiction And The Surveillance State (Part One)
- Dismantling The Repair Monopoly Created By The DMCA's Anti-Circumvention Rules
- UK Investigative Agencies Want To Be Able To Send Warrants To US Companies
- Ares Rights Gets EFF Lawyer Suspended From Twitter For Posting Mild Criticism