by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 18th 2008 1:36pm
The EFF sure has been busy today. First it filed a lawsuit against the US Trade Representative for keeping info on the ACTA negotiations secret, and then it sued the NSA, President Bush and Vice President Cheney over the warrantless wiretapping issue. Must be a busy day at the EFF office. In both cases, it seems likely that the lawsuits may draw some additional attention to the issues, but it seems unlikely to have much of an impact on actual government policies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Email Collection The NSA Shut Down Has Been Abused For Years
- Surprise: NSA Stops Collecting Americans' Emails 'About' Foreign Targets
- NSA Makes Pitch For Section 702 Approval While Its 702 Requests Aren't Being Approved By The Court
- EFF Goes To Court To Stop Australian Patent Troll From Stifling Free Speech
- Just Prior To Hearing Over NSL Gag Orders, Court Allows Cloudflare & CREDO Mobile To Be Named As Plaintiffs