by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 4th 2008 6:08pm
Having bought my fair share of laptops over the years, I've noticed that the packaging has gotten smaller. I remember years ago buying a laptop and receiving a huge box with the actual laptop suspended in a styrofoam suspension system. More recently, I've seen laptops coming in much smaller boxes. However, Wal-Mart and HP have apparently decided to try ditching most of the packaging altogether, and letting you walk out with your new laptop in a messenger bag, rather than a box. Yes, there are still boxes from when the machines are shipped from HP to Wal-Mart, but the company can now fit 3 laptops to a box, significantly reducing packaging and making life easier on customers in the long run.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Sealed For Freshness... In Plastic
- Techdirt Crowdsourcing: How Will The TSA Idiotically Respond To The Laptop Terror Bomb?
- Homeland Security Detains Stockton Mayor, Forces Him To Hand Over His Passwords
- HP Drops Support For Hacking Competition As Wassenaar Arrangement Continues To Make Computing Less Safe
- Your Toner Is No Good Here: Region-Coding Ink Cartridges... For The Customers