by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 25th 2008 1:01am
It's been quite a difficult time lately for various online music efforts. Pandora on the verge of shutting down, Muxtape already shut down and now EA is apparently scaling back its online Sims On Stage karaoke offerings over a vague, but unexplained, song licensing issue. How dare people sing along online? You get the feeling that the recording industry would go after people singing in the shower if they could.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bulgarian Public Radio Forbidden To Play 14 Million Pieces Of Music By Copyright Collection Society
- The Battle Over Public Performance Rights Of Old Music Heats Up: NY Rejects, Supreme Court Petitioned
- Russia Accuses EA Of LGBT Propaganda Over Including Rainbow Shoelaces Soccer Players Wore In Real Life
- Appeals Court Dumps Infringement Lawsuit Against EA After Plaintiff Fails To Produce Evidence
- Huge Casino Threatens Small Blues Club For Using The Word 'Live' In Its Name