by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 25th 2008 1:01am
It's been quite a difficult time lately for various online music efforts. Pandora on the verge of shutting down, Muxtape already shut down and now EA is apparently scaling back its online Sims On Stage karaoke offerings over a vague, but unexplained, song licensing issue. How dare people sing along online? You get the feeling that the recording industry would go after people singing in the shower if they could.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Mac DeMarco Tells Concert Goers To Go Pirate His Music
- Guy Fined $500 For Criticizing Government Without A Permit Sues Oregon Licensing Board
- Spotify (Basically) Tells Its Free Users, 'Go Pirate!'
- Russia Accuses EA Of LGBT Propaganda Over Including Rainbow Shoelaces Soccer Players Wore In Real Life
- Appeals Court Dumps Infringement Lawsuit Against EA After Plaintiff Fails To Produce Evidence