by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 25th 2008 1:01am
It's been quite a difficult time lately for various online music efforts. Pandora on the verge of shutting down, Muxtape already shut down and now EA is apparently scaling back its online Sims On Stage karaoke offerings over a vague, but unexplained, song licensing issue. How dare people sing along online? You get the feeling that the recording industry would go after people singing in the shower if they could.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Getty Museum's Lessons Learned From Opening Up Content
- DOJ Makes Smart Decision On Music Licensing... Music Publishers Completely Lose Their Shit
- Getty Sued Again Over Abusing Copyright Law, Licensing Images It Has No Rights To
- Appeals Court Doesn't Think Putting Historical Figures In Video Games Is Free Speech
- EA: Complaints About On-Disc DLC Are 'Nonsense'