by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 25th 2008 1:01am
It's been quite a difficult time lately for various online music efforts. Pandora on the verge of shutting down, Muxtape already shut down and now EA is apparently scaling back its online Sims On Stage karaoke offerings over a vague, but unexplained, song licensing issue. How dare people sing along online? You get the feeling that the recording industry would go after people singing in the shower if they could.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- No, RIAA, It's Not The End Of The World For Musicians
- Retired Music Promoter Claims Trademark Infringement On Trademark He Admits To Abandoning
- Pink Floyd's Roger Waters Declares Silicon Valley A 'Gallery Of Rogues And Thieves'
- EA/Origin/Something Locks Benchmarkers Out Of Battlefield Hardline After Too Many GPU Swaps
- Free Speech Champions File Amicus Brief In Hopes Of Getting Terrible 'Publicity Rights' Decision Re-Examined