by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 25th 2008 1:01am
It's been quite a difficult time lately for various online music efforts. Pandora on the verge of shutting down, Muxtape already shut down and now EA is apparently scaling back its online Sims On Stage karaoke offerings over a vague, but unexplained, song licensing issue. How dare people sing along online? You get the feeling that the recording industry would go after people singing in the shower if they could.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeals Court Doesn't Think Putting Historical Figures In Video Games Is Free Speech
- Hasbro Spent Time, Money, Lawyers' Attention To Barely Make A Difference Over My Little Pony Fan Game
- 2600 Explains Eloquently How Excessive Copyright Harms Everyone
- Early YouTube Musician Explains How Signing Major Label Deal 'Nearly Destroyed My Career'
- EA: Complaints About On-Disc DLC Are 'Nonsense'