by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 21st 2008 11:48am
Reader GeneralEmergency alerts us to yet another bizarre trademark lawsuit -- this time involving cupcake shops. Apparently, there's some fancy cupcake-store-to-the-stars, called Sprinkles Cupcakes that has trademarked putting a circle with a dot in the middle on top of its cupcakes. Another cupcake company, Famous Cupcakes also started putting a circle with a dot on top of their cupcakes -- so now they're heading to court. I'm sure this is what the original creators of trademark law intended: stopping dastardly cupcake makers from decorating their cupcakes in a similar manner.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- You'll Never Guess Which Portmanteau Everyone Is Suddenly Trying To Trademark
- CafePress Takes Down T-Shirt Calling Donald Trump A Cheeto-Faced Shitgibbon, Saying It Violates Frito-Lay's Trademark
- Super Slimey: Comodo Tries To Trademark 'Let's Encrypt' [Updated]
- Dweezil Zappa Renames His Tour Again: Dweezil Zappa Plays Whatever The F@%k He Wants; The Cease & Desist Tour
- Good News: California Legislature Dumps Stupid Plan To Copyright All Government Works