by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 21st 2008 11:48am
Reader GeneralEmergency alerts us to yet another bizarre trademark lawsuit -- this time involving cupcake shops. Apparently, there's some fancy cupcake-store-to-the-stars, called Sprinkles Cupcakes that has trademarked putting a circle with a dot in the middle on top of its cupcakes. Another cupcake company, Famous Cupcakes also started putting a circle with a dot on top of their cupcakes -- so now they're heading to court. I'm sure this is what the original creators of trademark law intended: stopping dastardly cupcake makers from decorating their cupcakes in a similar manner.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Nestle Sues Fit Crunch Over Identical Trade Dress That Isn't Remotely Identical
- NYPD Asks Disney, Marvel To Abuse IP Law To Help Rid Times Square Of Spiderman, Mickey Mouse
- Pokemon Company Shuts Down Pokemon PAX Party Because Fun Is A Tool Of Team Rocket
- Drunken Monarchy Fight: King Of Beers V. Queen Of Beers In Trademark Tussle
- MLB Drops Trademark Opposition Against WalletHub For 'W' Logo After WalletHub Bows At The MLB Altar