by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 21st 2008 11:48am
Reader GeneralEmergency alerts us to yet another bizarre trademark lawsuit -- this time involving cupcake shops. Apparently, there's some fancy cupcake-store-to-the-stars, called Sprinkles Cupcakes that has trademarked putting a circle with a dot in the middle on top of its cupcakes. Another cupcake company, Famous Cupcakes also started putting a circle with a dot on top of their cupcakes -- so now they're heading to court. I'm sure this is what the original creators of trademark law intended: stopping dastardly cupcake makers from decorating their cupcakes in a similar manner.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Under Armour Files Trademark Suit Against Ass Armor
- Marshawn Lynch, Anti-Authority Hero, Loves To Trademark His Phrases
- Red Bull Disputes Old Ox Brewery Trademarked Logo/Name Because, Seriously, An Ox Is Just A Castrated Bull
- DailyDirt: Sriracha In Everything
- MLB Claims That Finance Company's 'W' Logo Violates 2 MLB Teams' Trademarks