by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 21st 2008 11:48am
Reader GeneralEmergency alerts us to yet another bizarre trademark lawsuit -- this time involving cupcake shops. Apparently, there's some fancy cupcake-store-to-the-stars, called Sprinkles Cupcakes that has trademarked putting a circle with a dot in the middle on top of its cupcakes. Another cupcake company, Famous Cupcakes also started putting a circle with a dot on top of their cupcakes -- so now they're heading to court. I'm sure this is what the original creators of trademark law intended: stopping dastardly cupcake makers from decorating their cupcakes in a similar manner.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Flour City Pasta Goes Trademark On All The Other Flour City Food Companies Until Backlash Ensues
- No, Making Fun Of Donald Trump's Stupid Red Hat Isn't Trademark Infringement
- After Trademark Cease And Desist, Brewery Change Beer Named 'Night Train' To 'Night Rain'
- LMFAO The Beer Survives LMFAO The Band's Lawyers To Keep Its Name
- EU Orders Makers Of DieselStormers To Change Name Because Diesel Clothing Trademarked Diesel For Everything