by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 14th 2008 6:31am
There seems to be this common theme among adults who freak out about kids playing video games or surfing the internet that it's somehow a "replacement" for going outside or hanging out with friends in person. Instead, it's actually an enhancement to those things, providing another way to communicate, rather than a total replacement. Thus, those adults should be happy to hear of a new study that shows nearly 80% of kids still think face to face communication is the best. That shouldn't be surprising, but given the fear mongering stories we hear on a regular basis, it's a nice reminder that despite claims to the contrary, kids aren't as dumb as some adults make them out to be.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: The Eyes Have It
- Student Hit With 70 Criminal Charges After Exposing Himself During Yearbook Photo Shoot
- TV Station Educates Public On Dangers Of Teen Sexting By Exposing 14-Year-Old's Name... And Penis
- ISIS Now Has Its Own Encrypted Messaging App; Doubt They'll Abide By Politicians' Demands For Backdoors
- Toy Maker Vtech Hacked, Revealing Kids' Selfies, Chat Logs, & Even Voice Recordings