by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 25th 2008 12:42pm
While TorrentSpy may have shut down and lost its copyright infringement lawsuit against the MPAA, it's still appealing a separate issue: whether the MPAA broke the law in hiring a guy to break into TorrentSpy's email server and forward emails to the MPAA. The MPAA got away with playing dumb when this issue first came up, claiming it assumed the guy they hired had legitimate access to all of the emails he was handing over -- though, that seems highly questionable.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Awesome Stuff: Let's Bore The Censors
- Head Of House Judiciary Committee Dines With MPAA, Joins Their Fundraiser, Following LA Copyright Hearing
- Sorry, MPAA, Court Rejects Your Plan For A Secret SOPA At The ITC
- Legislators Introduce Bill That Would Turn DOJ's Stingray Policies Into US Law
- Anti-Cheat Software Company Contracted By Rutgers Fails To Live Up To Privacy Agreement With Students