by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 25th 2008 12:42pm
While TorrentSpy may have shut down and lost its copyright infringement lawsuit against the MPAA, it's still appealing a separate issue: whether the MPAA broke the law in hiring a guy to break into TorrentSpy's email server and forward emails to the MPAA. The MPAA got away with playing dumb when this issue first came up, claiming it assumed the guy they hired had legitimate access to all of the emails he was handing over -- though, that seems highly questionable.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hollywood Writers & Copyright Scholars Point Out That Piracy Fears Over Open Set Top Boxes Are Complete FUD
- Court Upholds Sentence For Ex-Cop Who Abused Law Enforcement Database Access
- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood Withdraws Google Subpoena As Google Appeals Court Ruling
- UK Surveillance Oversight Board Says It's All Cool When GCHQ Hacks Basically Anyone
- CIA Director Freaks Out After Senator Wyden Points Out How The CIA Spied On The Senate