by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 25th 2008 12:42pm
While TorrentSpy may have shut down and lost its copyright infringement lawsuit against the MPAA, it's still appealing a separate issue: whether the MPAA broke the law in hiring a guy to break into TorrentSpy's email server and forward emails to the MPAA. The MPAA got away with playing dumb when this issue first came up, claiming it assumed the guy they hired had legitimate access to all of the emails he was handing over -- though, that seems highly questionable.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China's Richest Man Tells MPAA's Chris Dodd To Tell Donald Trump To Be Nice To China... Or Else
- MPAA: EFF Just Jealous It Doesn't Control Copyright Office Like Hollywood Does
- Documents Show Chicago PD Secretly Using Forfeiture Funds To Buy Surveillance Equipment
- Yes, Police Are Snooping Through Criminal Databases For Personal Reasons All The Time
- Court Says Man Can Sue Maker Of Web-Monitoring Software For Wiretap Act Violations