by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 10th 2008 12:12am
In case you hadn't realized it, a new research report (that I'm sure you can buy for plenty of money) says that it's not so easy to make a viral marketing campaign actually be viral. Who knew? Well, probably everyone but some marketers. Viral campaigns are nice if you can get them to work, but betting an entire strategy on a viral campaign is pretty dangerous, no matter how much the media pretends that there's some secret magical formula to make products viral.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Netflix CEO 'Loves' Netflix Password Sharing
- Gosling's Rum Forgoes Free Promotion Of Famous Cocktail In Favor Of Trademark
- DailyDirt: Beverage Marketing At Its Highest... Altitudes?
- Comcast's New Voice-Controlled Remote Starts Marketing Movies To Your Kids
- With 'Pregnant Woman Mode,' Chinese Router Maker Begins Marketing To Paranoids