by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 24th 2008 5:53pm
While we definitely found the story of a student in Egypt using Twitter to alert people that he had been arrested interesting, it does seem like a bit of a stretch to then say that it makes sense to create an emergency alert system via Twitter. Though it has some potential to be powerful, an emergency alert system needs to be reliable -- and Twitter is rather infamous for its pretty regular downtime.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Dumps Docs On Social Media Monitoring Firm Geofeedia; Social Media Platforms Respond By Dumping Geofeedia
- Basically All Big Tech Companies Deny Scanning Communications For NSA Like Yahoo Is Doing
- Privacy Groups File FTC Complaint Over Whatsapp Facebook Privacy 'Bait And Switch'
- The Rise Of More Secure Alternatives To Everyone's Favorite Chat App, Slack
- Drug Dealer's Lawyers Want To Know How Yahoo Is Recovering Communications It Previously Said Were Unrecoverable