by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 24th 2008 5:53pm
While we definitely found the story of a student in Egypt using Twitter to alert people that he had been arrested interesting, it does seem like a bit of a stretch to then say that it makes sense to create an emergency alert system via Twitter. Though it has some potential to be powerful, an emergency alert system needs to be reliable -- and Twitter is rather infamous for its pretty regular downtime.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Indian Government Agencies Demand Access To WhatsApp Messaging Groups
- WhatsApp Finishes Rolling Out End-To-End Encryption; Now Covers Group Messages, Media
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 66: Why Are There So Many Messaging Companies?
- Oil Industry Group Claims Copyright On Oil Pricing Data, Gets Twitter To Delete Tweets
- Twitter Won't Stop Fighting To Trademark 'Dronie'