by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 24th 2008 5:53pm
While we definitely found the story of a student in Egypt using Twitter to alert people that he had been arrested interesting, it does seem like a bit of a stretch to then say that it makes sense to create an emergency alert system via Twitter. Though it has some potential to be powerful, an emergency alert system needs to be reliable -- and Twitter is rather infamous for its pretty regular downtime.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hollywood Collectively Loses Its Mind About Latest Set Of Livestreaming Apps
- DailyDirt: Will This Problem Ever Go Away?
- Anonymous Targeting CloudFlare Seems To Go Against Anonymous' History
- Can Some Internet Memes Finally Get Congress To Pass New Legislation To Protect Your Privacy Online?
- Did David Cameron Just Say He Wants To Undermine All Encryption In The UK?