by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 24th 2008 5:53pm
While we definitely found the story of a student in Egypt using Twitter to alert people that he had been arrested interesting, it does seem like a bit of a stretch to then say that it makes sense to create an emergency alert system via Twitter. Though it has some potential to be powerful, an emergency alert system needs to be reliable -- and Twitter is rather infamous for its pretty regular downtime.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Colorado Republican Committee Tries To Use CFAA To Get Even With A Bogus Tweeter, Fails Completely
- Putin's Internet Trolls Are Stoking The Vitriolic Fire By Posing As Trump Supporters
- Drug Dealer's Lawyers Want To Know How Yahoo Is Recovering Communications It Previously Said Were Unrecoverable
- Huge Win: Court Says Microsoft Does Not Need To Respond To US Warrant For Overseas Data
- Senator Jeff Sessions Looks To Blast A Giant Hole In The 4th Amendment For 'Emergency' Response