by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jun 16th 2008 4:35pm
There's a great Homer Simpson quote in an old episode: "Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and answer to, all of life's problems." Perhaps the same thing can be said for technology. Just last week we were writing about people having to force themselves to get away from technology for a day, and then the NY Times pops up with an article about how various technology companies are all working on plans to create technologies that help us better get away from overwhelming technology. It's no secret that you can get sucked in, so it's nice to see tech companies recognizing that now that they've enabled the massive fire hose of information flow to exist, the next priority might be to find an appropriate filter for it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 106: An Office In A Bag
- What the Five Year Anniversary of the SOPA/PIPA Blackout Can Teach Congress About Tech
- Washington Post Falsely Claims Russia Hacked Vermont Utility, Because OMG RUSSIANS!
- Border Patrol Agent Caught Watching Porn On The Job Blames The Internet Filter For Not Stopping Him
- An Ongoing Lack Of Technical Prowess Is Resulting In Bad Laws, Bad Prosecutions, And Bad Judicial Decisions