by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jun 16th 2008 4:35pm
There's a great Homer Simpson quote in an old episode: "Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and answer to, all of life's problems." Perhaps the same thing can be said for technology. Just last week we were writing about people having to force themselves to get away from technology for a day, and then the NY Times pops up with an article about how various technology companies are all working on plans to create technologies that help us better get away from overwhelming technology. It's no secret that you can get sucked in, so it's nice to see tech companies recognizing that now that they've enabled the massive fire hose of information flow to exist, the next priority might be to find an appropriate filter for it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Iran's New 'Smart' Internet Censorship Efforts Still Aren't Particularly Smart
- Supreme Court To Dip Its Toes Cautiously Into The Electronic Age With Free Electronic Filing System
- Air Canada Blocks Access To Any Google Hosted RSS Feed (Including Techdirt) For No Good Reason
- Jury Says Apple DRM Not An Antitrust Violation
- UK Web Filtering Blocks Access To Website Of Europe's Largest And Oldest Hacking Community