by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jun 16th 2008 6:52am
We've noted in the past the, well, addiction some people have to calling any sort of regular usage of something an "addiction." It's quite common with all sorts of technologies. Often there doesn't seem to be any actual evidence of an addiction -- or, if there is, it usually becomes clear that the problem is somewhere else, and the people simply turn to technology to avoid that other issue in their lives. Either way, it still seems a bit extreme to hear that, in Spain, parents have sent two children, aged 12 and 13, to a mental hospital to try to help "cure them" of their mobile phone "addiction." As parents, what was wrong with just taking away their mobile phone?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Lawmakers From The Great Theocracy Of Utah Looking To Block Porn On Cell Phones
- Web Sheriff Abuses DMCA In Weak Attempt To Hide Info Under UK High Court Injunction, Fails Miserably
- Fantastic: Now British Firms Are Getting In On The Bogus Website/Bogus DMCA Notice Scam
- UK Queen's Speech: More, Faster Broadband... But It Will Be Censored And Spied On
- Judge Rejects Attempt To Force Lauri Love To Decrypt His Computers, Despite Never Charging Him With A Crime