by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jun 9th 2008 3:32pm
While much of the focus on "uptime" today was over whether or not various web 2.0/tech sites could handle the onrush of traffic concerning the Steve Jobs/iPhone keynote, it appears that Amazon.com was actually stumbling and having trouble staying up just a few days after its still unexplained Friday meltdown. It's unclear if the two events are related, but given that Amazon is positioning itself to help keep other sites up and running, no matter what the situation, this isn't the sort of ringing endorsement it was probably looking for.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- A Gronking To Remember Is Immortalized In Lawsuit Against Apple/Amazon/Author
- Amazon Quietly Bricked Jailbroken Kindle Devices Last Year
- Is It Better Or Worse That GoDaddy's Massive Downtime Wasn't The Result Of A DDoS Attack?
- Collateral Damage: In The Hunt For LulzSec, FBI Takes Down A Bunch Of Websites
- Do You Need To Schedule Your Technology Down Time?