by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 21st 2008 10:06am
As more and more areas are considered "patentable" you get some really bizarre patent attempts. Remember the patents on various tax strategies? Apparently some folks involved in the mutual fund business are getting into the act, trying to patent a method for creating fundamentally-weighted index funds. Clearly, without the patent system, such an idea would never have occurred to anyone.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- 532,900,000 Reasons Why We Need Patent Reform Now
- Cerf Warns Of A 'Lost Century' Caused By Bit Rot; Patents And Copyright Largely To Blame
- Elon Musk Clarifies That Tesla's Patents Really Are Free; Investor Absolutely Freaks Out
- Myriad Genetics Finally Gives Up Its Gene Patent Fight... Just As The Patent Office Opens The Doors Up To More Gene Patents
- Study Confirms That Revealing Secrets, Rather Than Hoarding Info, Is Good For Inventors