by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 21st 2008 10:06am
As more and more areas are considered "patentable" you get some really bizarre patent attempts. Remember the patents on various tax strategies? Apparently some folks involved in the mutual fund business are getting into the act, trying to patent a method for creating fundamentally-weighted index funds. Clearly, without the patent system, such an idea would never have occurred to anyone.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Once Again, John Oliver Covers A Techdirt Topic: This Time, It's Patent Trolls
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 21: How The Patent System Can Be Fixed
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 20: How The Patent System Is Broken
- EFF Helps Bust Bogus Patent That Was Being Used To Shake Down Podcasters
- Copyrights & Patents Have Become A Religion; All Data Will Be Ignored