by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 21st 2008 10:06am
As more and more areas are considered "patentable" you get some really bizarre patent attempts. Remember the patents on various tax strategies? Apparently some folks involved in the mutual fund business are getting into the act, trying to patent a method for creating fundamentally-weighted index funds. Clearly, without the patent system, such an idea would never have occurred to anyone.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Patent Loving East Texas Judge Clips Wings Of Largest Patent Troll
- Company Acquires Rights To Drug Used By AIDS/Cancer Patients; Immediately Raises Per Pill Price From Under $14 To $750
- Court Trashes Patent Troll For Bogus Lawsuit Against Zynga; Awards Over $1 Million In Fees & Sanctions
- Appeals Court: It Is In The Public's Interest That Samsung Not Be Allowed To 'Slide To Unlock' Devices
- India's New Patent Guidelines Declare Software And Business Methods Clearly Patentable For The First Time