by Mike Masnick
Tue, May 20th 2008 2:24pm
It's amazing how little anyone is willing to accept blame these days. They always find someone else to blame for their actions. For an extreme example, a guy in the UK arrested for having more than 16,000 child porn photos is using the unique defense that it's all Google's fault for making it so easy to access the photos. His lawyer noted: "He feels that he would not have committed these offences if this information was not so freely available. He feels if companies like Google did not provide access to such sites, he would not have committed the offences." It's tough to see the court buying that kind of argument.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NY Post Craps On NYC's Plan To Offer Free Wi-Fi -- Because The Homeless Might Watch Porn
- Lawmakers From The Great Theocracy Of Utah Looking To Block Porn On Cell Phones
- Dear Politicians: At Least Close Those Porn Tabs Before Sending Out Your Campaign Screenshots
- James Comey Still Trying To Blame Increase In Violent Crime On 'Viral Videos'
- The Broadband Industry Is Now Officially Blaming Google (Alphabet) For...Everything