by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 8th 2008 3:34pm
Various laws have allowed local governments to declare specific property "detrimental to public health & safety" when that property becomes overrun with drugs, gangs, prostitution or gambling. However, the entertainment industry's hometown gov't in Los Angeles has now expanded the list to include music and movie piracy as well. Whatever you think of unauthorized copying of content, it's difficult to see how you can, with a straight face, claim that it is the equivalent of property being overrun with drugs, gangs prostitution or gambling.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Russia Blocks Another Archive Site Because It Might Contain Old Pages About Drugs
- Hateful Eight Pirated Leak Harms Film All The Way To Box Office Records
- Once Again, Piracy Is Destroying The Movie Industry... To Ever More Records At The Box Office
- DailyDirt: Imagine There's No Cancer...
- Book Publisher Has No Idea How Google Works But Pretty Sure It Could End Piracy If It Tried