by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 8th 2008 3:34pm
Various laws have allowed local governments to declare specific property "detrimental to public health & safety" when that property becomes overrun with drugs, gangs, prostitution or gambling. However, the entertainment industry's hometown gov't in Los Angeles has now expanded the list to include music and movie piracy as well. Whatever you think of unauthorized copying of content, it's difficult to see how you can, with a straight face, claim that it is the equivalent of property being overrun with drugs, gangs prostitution or gambling.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Breaking Bad... With Yeast?
- Turing Pharma Caves; Says Drug Price Will Move In Generally Downward Motion At Some Point In The Future
- Turing Pharma Boss Martin Shkreli Defends Massive Price Increase As A Good Thing For Patients
- DailyDirt: Weight Loss Drugs That Might Work... Someday
- IP Enforcement Czar Wants To Hear From You About Government's IP Enforcement Plan