by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 7th 2008 11:23pm
Last month Yahoo did what it had previously insisted it wouldn't do: it began testing Google's ads in place of its own search ads. At the time, Yahoo insisted that it had nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft's attempted takeover. It even claimed that the plans had been put in place well before Microsoft's unsolicited offer. Of course, now that Microsoft has withdrawn the offer -- citing the potential ad deal with Google as one of the main reasons for backing away -- suddenly it appears that neither Yahoo nor Google are all that keen on moving forward on a more advanced deal. Funny how that works.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- YouTube Wins This Round In Germany In The Stupid Neverending War With GEMA Over Streaming Rates
- DailyDirt: Winning Isn't Everything
- Interactive Advertising Bureau Bars Adblock Plus From Conference, When It Should Be Listening To Them
- Forbes Site, After Begging You Turn Off Adblocker, Serves Up A Steaming Pile Of Malware 'Ads'
- ESPN Employees Keep Failing To Disclose Their Advertising Tweets As Advertising