by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 7th 2008 11:23pm
Last month Yahoo did what it had previously insisted it wouldn't do: it began testing Google's ads in place of its own search ads. At the time, Yahoo insisted that it had nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft's attempted takeover. It even claimed that the plans had been put in place well before Microsoft's unsolicited offer. Of course, now that Microsoft has withdrawn the offer -- citing the potential ad deal with Google as one of the main reasons for backing away -- suddenly it appears that neither Yahoo nor Google are all that keen on moving forward on a more advanced deal. Funny how that works.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Microsoft Advertises The Witcher 3 On Xbox With Footage From The PC Version; Fans Not Fooled
- Japanese Court Orders Google To Remove Customer Reviews From Its Maps Service -- Globally
- Good News: Internet Ad Industry Realizes It Needs To Embrace HTTPS
- New York Times Turns Ads Off On 'Sensitive' Stories
- Cable's Answer To A Changing TV Landscape? Stuff More Ads Into Every Hour