by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 7th 2008 11:23pm
Last month Yahoo did what it had previously insisted it wouldn't do: it began testing Google's ads in place of its own search ads. At the time, Yahoo insisted that it had nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft's attempted takeover. It even claimed that the plans had been put in place well before Microsoft's unsolicited offer. Of course, now that Microsoft has withdrawn the offer -- citing the potential ad deal with Google as one of the main reasons for backing away -- suddenly it appears that neither Yahoo nor Google are all that keen on moving forward on a more advanced deal. Funny how that works.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Big Win For Fair Use: Jury Says Google's Use Of Java API's Was Fair Use... On To The Appeal
- Google To France: No You Don't Get To Censor The Global Internet
- Baidu Pushes Back On Chinese Gov't Investigation By Freeing Up Images Related To Tiananmen Square
- Forbes Is Confused: You Can View Content Using An Adblocker By Promising Not To Use An Adblocker
- Game Critic Keeps YouTube Vids Ad-Free By Creating ContentID Feeding Frenzy