by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 7th 2008 11:23pm
Last month Yahoo did what it had previously insisted it wouldn't do: it began testing Google's ads in place of its own search ads. At the time, Yahoo insisted that it had nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft's attempted takeover. It even claimed that the plans had been put in place well before Microsoft's unsolicited offer. Of course, now that Microsoft has withdrawn the offer -- citing the potential ad deal with Google as one of the main reasons for backing away -- suddenly it appears that neither Yahoo nor Google are all that keen on moving forward on a more advanced deal. Funny how that works.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Baltimore Ravens Owner Has Ingenious Solution For NFL Ratings Drop: Stop Annoying Fans With Too Many Ads
- Google Hating Mississippi Attorney General Sues Company... With Ammo From EFF
- Microsoft Sort Of Addresses Windows 10 Privacy Complaints With New Privacy Dashboard
- Facebook Finds More Broken Metrics, Metrics Industry Rejoices
- Companies Keep Asking Us To Track You; We'd Rather You Be Protected From Tracking