by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 7th 2008 11:23pm
Last month Yahoo did what it had previously insisted it wouldn't do: it began testing Google's ads in place of its own search ads. At the time, Yahoo insisted that it had nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft's attempted takeover. It even claimed that the plans had been put in place well before Microsoft's unsolicited offer. Of course, now that Microsoft has withdrawn the offer -- citing the potential ad deal with Google as one of the main reasons for backing away -- suddenly it appears that neither Yahoo nor Google are all that keen on moving forward on a more advanced deal. Funny how that works.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Government Seeks Do-Over On Win For Microsoft And Its Overseas Data
- FBI Lifts Gag Order On NSL Issued To Google... Which Doesn't Have Much To Say About It
- CBS Announces New Ad-Free More-Expensive Streaming Service...That Includes Ads
- Ted Cruz Campaign Infringed On Copyright, But Will Probably Be Treated With Kid Gloves Just Because
- NBC's 'Most Live Olympics Ever' Will Have A One Hour Broadcast Delay For The Opening Ceremony