by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 9th 2008 9:13am
If you've got a spare 40 minutes to an hour, it's worth watching patent attorney Stephan Kinsella's presentation: Rethinking Intellectual Property Completely, as given in March. The video is embedded below, and it fits in nicely with my ongoing (yes, there's still plenty more) series of posts on intellectual property. It's pretty rare to see a patent attorney explain so lucidly the problems with patents (and copyrights):
He does a very nice job ripping apart the "property rights" arguments that some, especially some libertarians, use in favor of patents, explaining why that doesn't make sense. It's an excellent presentation, and well worth watching.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Personal Mobility Devices
- Game Critic Keeps YouTube Vids Ad-Free By Creating ContentID Feeding Frenzy
- Techdirt Reading List: How To Fix Copyright
- Lessons From Prince's Legacy And Struggle With Digital Music Markets
- And Out Come The Wolves: Now Getty Images Files EU Antitrust Complaint Against Google About Image Piracy