by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 22nd 2008 5:28pm
A well known prison inmate who has a long history of filing totally ridiculous lawsuits has struck again. Reader William writes in to let us know that the Jonathan Lee Riches has filed for a restraining order against the game "Grand Theft Auto" and its maker Take Two Interactive. No, it's not clear how one gets a restraining order against a video game, but the filing incoherently claims that Take Two and the game put him in prison and later complains that the content in the game "offends me." If only that were a crime. Anyway, while this is an amusing story from an inmate who files way too many such lawsuits, it does show how our courts often have to waste time on these types of bogus claims.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Lindsay Lohan Won't Put Her GTA5 Lawsuit Out Of Its Misery
- Samsung Issues Takedown On Video Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Mod Turning Galaxy Note 7 Into A Weapon
- Take Two Interactive Wins Two Publicity Rights Lawsuits Against Lindsay Lohan And Karen Gravano
- Surprise: Court Allows Lindsay Lohan's Suit Against Take-Two Interactive To Go Forward
- Whatever You Think Of The RIAA's Lawsuit Over Aurous, Shouldn't We Be Concerned That It's Pretending SOPA Is Law?