by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 18th 2008 3:11pm
Just a month ago, the guy in charge of Skype finally admitted that eBay had given up trying to find the mythical "synergies" between eBay and Skype as the few they had suggested turned out not to exist. Apparently, Skype's GM isn't on the same page as his boss, eBay CEO John Donahoe. He was just quoted saying that eBay will spend this year trying to find synergies with Skype and if it still can't find any, it may sell off or spinoff the unit. Given the lack of synergies so far and the massive write down on the purchase price, you have to figure they're going to be digging pretty deep to turn up any kind of synergy between Skype and eBay.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Weird Psychology Of People Fighting Those Who Resell Their Products
- Nothing About The Story Of An Artist Being Threatened With A Lawsuit Over A Painting Of A Small-Dicked Donald Trump Makes Sense
- AT&T, DirecTV Deliver 'Merger Synergies' By Raising Rates In Perfect Unison
- Microsoft Agrees To Hand Over Skype User Data To Russian Police
- Microsoft Fires Off Rebuttal To Latest Leak; Angry Letter To Eric Holder