by Mike Masnick
Wed, Apr 16th 2008 11:16pm
You have to hand it to the folks who run The Pirate Bay. They certainly don't hesitate to stand up for themselves and refuse to be pushed around. They've spent so much time fighting back against attempts to take them down and sue them, that they figured they might as well make use of that "core competence" in other areas. So, apparently, they're setting up a censorship-free blogging platform, which they claim will be available for those who don't want to worry about weak-willed hosting firms pulling down a blog at the first legal threat. There have been a few hosting firms who have advertised similar services, but the Pirate Bay guys have the reputation to live up to their word.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China Clamps Down On Another Serious Threat To The Middle Kingdom: Western Animal Cartoon Books For Children
- Georgia Lawmakers Look To Go Down Porn-Censoring Unconstitutional Rabbit Hole
- UK Court Grants First Live Blocking Order To Stop New Infringing Streams As Soon As They Start
- Danish ISP Blocks The Pirate Bay; But Is It For Legal Reasons... Or Competitive?
- Did Amazon Force Takedown Of Firefox Pirate Extension?