by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 15th 2008 9:16am
It would appear that officials at Duke aren't particularly familiar with The Streisand Effect. As you may have heard, a few years back there was a case that got a ton of media attention, with some Duke lacrosse players being accused of rape. Eventually, after fanning the flames in the media, prosecutors had to drop the case for lack of any actual evidence -- and the prosecutor who led the charge was disbarred. The lacrosse players are striking back, suing the University and the city of Durham. As the case moves forward, they've put up their own blog, at DukeLawsuit.com. However, the university and the city aren't too happy about it and have tried to get the court to force the blog offline -- which, of course, is only drawing a lot more attention to it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Samsung Issues Takedown On Video Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Mod Turning Galaxy Note 7 Into A Weapon
- Let These Picturesque Stock Models Explain Techdirt Gear To You
- Hurry Up: We're Taking Down Our Takedown Gear In A Week
- NFL Cuts Out Shout-Out To St. Louis In HoF Speech YouTube Upload, Streisand Effect Takes Over
- Awesome Stuff: Not Much Time Left To Get A Takedown T-Shirt!