by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 15th 2008 9:16am
It would appear that officials at Duke aren't particularly familiar with The Streisand Effect. As you may have heard, a few years back there was a case that got a ton of media attention, with some Duke lacrosse players being accused of rape. Eventually, after fanning the flames in the media, prosecutors had to drop the case for lack of any actual evidence -- and the prosecutor who led the charge was disbarred. The lacrosse players are striking back, suing the University and the city of Durham. As the case moves forward, they've put up their own blog, at DukeLawsuit.com. However, the university and the city aren't too happy about it and have tried to get the court to force the blog offline -- which, of course, is only drawing a lot more attention to it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Law Firm Subpoenas Glassdoor For Negative Anonymous Reviews, Supercharges Streisand Effect With Its Response
- UK Sports Star Threatens American Newspaper For Posting Public Information About His New Home
- UC Davis 'Apologizes' For The Reputation Management Industry's Hyperbole And Your Misunderstanding
- Nothing About The Story Of An Artist Being Threatened With A Lawsuit Over A Painting Of A Small-Dicked Donald Trump Makes Sense
- Let's All Talk About The Stuff That UC Davis Spent $175k Trying To Keep Off These Internets