by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 15th 2008 9:16am
It would appear that officials at Duke aren't particularly familiar with The Streisand Effect. As you may have heard, a few years back there was a case that got a ton of media attention, with some Duke lacrosse players being accused of rape. Eventually, after fanning the flames in the media, prosecutors had to drop the case for lack of any actual evidence -- and the prosecutor who led the charge was disbarred. The lacrosse players are striking back, suing the University and the city of Durham. As the case moves forward, they've put up their own blog, at DukeLawsuit.com. However, the university and the city aren't too happy about it and have tried to get the court to force the blog offline -- which, of course, is only drawing a lot more attention to it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Viacom Issues Bogus DMCA Over Fair Use Daily Show Remix... After Promising Not To Do That Any More
- Total Wipes Blames Trying To Take Down Every Page With The Word 'Download' On 'A Bug'
- Deposed Revenge Porn Jester Craig Brittain Tries To DMCA Censor Popehat, Adam Steinbaugh... And The FTC
- How Quickly Do Internet Companies Need To Take Content Down Following A DMCA Notice?
- Anti-Piracy Group So Desperate To Go After Popcorn Time That It Threatens A Blog Software Maker