by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 15th 2008 9:16am
It would appear that officials at Duke aren't particularly familiar with The Streisand Effect. As you may have heard, a few years back there was a case that got a ton of media attention, with some Duke lacrosse players being accused of rape. Eventually, after fanning the flames in the media, prosecutors had to drop the case for lack of any actual evidence -- and the prosecutor who led the charge was disbarred. The lacrosse players are striking back, suing the University and the city of Durham. As the case moves forward, they've put up their own blog, at DukeLawsuit.com. However, the university and the city aren't too happy about it and have tried to get the court to force the blog offline -- which, of course, is only drawing a lot more attention to it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Mormon Church Tries To Censor MormonLeaks Using Copyright, Streisand Effect Takes Over
- UK Court Grants First Live Blocking Order To Stop New Infringing Streams As Soon As They Start
- Takedown Gear Is Back Up! (Plus Another Returning Design)
- GOP Senate Streisands Elizabeth Warren And Coretta King In Attempt To Silence Her
- Streisand Effect Derails Man's Analog Plan To Buy Up All The Newspapers Detailing His DWI Arrest