by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 15th 2008 9:16am
It would appear that officials at Duke aren't particularly familiar with The Streisand Effect. As you may have heard, a few years back there was a case that got a ton of media attention, with some Duke lacrosse players being accused of rape. Eventually, after fanning the flames in the media, prosecutors had to drop the case for lack of any actual evidence -- and the prosecutor who led the charge was disbarred. The lacrosse players are striking back, suing the University and the city of Durham. As the case moves forward, they've put up their own blog, at DukeLawsuit.com. However, the university and the city aren't too happy about it and have tried to get the court to force the blog offline -- which, of course, is only drawing a lot more attention to it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Faith Healer Adam Miller Drops His Lawsuit (For Now) After Being Widely Mocked Online
- Konami Gets YouTube To Take Down Video It Doesn't Like; Streisand Effect Ensures Neverending Discussion Of Video
- Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority Sues Member For Revealing Secret Handshake On Penny Arcade Forum
- Faith Healer Adam Miller Sues Over Critical YouTube Video, Guaranteeing It Tons Of Attention
- Is Merely Explaining The Streisand Effect To Someone A 'Threat'?