by Mike Masnick
Fri, Apr 4th 2008 5:21am
Following the brouhaha that erupted earlier this week after Creative Labs took down forum posts from a driver modder, the company has given in and restored the posts, recognizing that it needed to do so for PR reasons. However, the statement that it released to The Register (at the link) basically says that everyone misunderstood Creative's position. Creative claims it was only worried about other company's IP being infringed, which could potentially put everyone in legal hot water. That could be true, but it still handled the whole thing rather awkwardly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Released Documents Show NSA Actually Surprised To Find Itself Portrayed Negatively In Popular Culture
- Redskins, Who Should Get To Keep Their Racist Name, Still Jerks For Running Fake Grassroots Support Website
- Comcast Really Wants Me To Stop Calling Their Top Lobbyist A 'Top Lobbyist'
- Potential Patent Infringement Threatens To Doom Highly Anticipated Open Source Project
- Creative Labs Stops Guy From Making Its Technology Work Better